- Natural cotton cover
- Natural wool blend quilting for added surface comfort
- Reflex Cool Gel-memory quilt foams
- Natural response Talalay latex upholstery layers
- 1386 Nano-Coil comfort and support layer
- Reflex Cool Gel-memory foam upholstery
- Natural cotton support fill — inner tufted by hand
- Enhanced lumber zone support
- Full-flex Quantum Edge works with motion bases
- Motion absorbing base foam
- CertiPUR-US certified foams and natural materials
Components Common across All Lines
The four Noir line mattresses include the Wharton, the Victoria, the Harcourt, and the Stafford. The Noir line features the Eastman House Hand Tufted Collection that gives you a full set of premium features that are common across all models:
- Elegant cotton cover
- Natural wool fiber
- Natural cotton upholstery
- Posture Zone (lumbar support)
- 9.25" or 4.5" Flat Foundation available (adjustable base compatible)
- Reflex Plus Gel Quilt Foam x2
- Response Talalay
- HD Plush TouchFoam
- VersaFlex Pocketed Coils
- LifeEdge Plus Reinforced HD Steel Edge
- Motion absorbing base foam
About The Components
100% Natural Wool Blend Quilt Fibers (Noir Models)
Natural Wool Blend Quilt Fibers in Eastman House Noir models are used in place of synthetic FR materials and offer each sleeper more comfortable surface comfort. Wool fibers are bulky and trap air between the individual strands acting as a natural insulator causing temperature changes to happen more slowly, more naturally in tune with your body. This natural benefit helps to eliminate hot and cold spots as well for a more restful, comfortable and deeper sleep cycle
ComfortCore coils feature stress-relieved wire that holds its shape and provides a durable, consistent sleep surface. The wire flexes and conforms to the individual contours of the body for superior comfort and reduced partner disturbance.
The Quantum® Edge unit features side rails made up of our narrow-diameter Quantum coils with Caliber steel coils at the head and foot.
- Quantum side rails deliver enhanced support at the edge of the bed.
- Caliber head and foot coils offer a more supportive edge than foam encasement.
- Steel coils are tested 26% more durable than foam and bend 24% easier, meaning less wear and tear when used with an adjustable base.
Narrow-diameter Quantum® Edge forms a perimeter around the bed, replacing foam encasements and offering support all the way to the edge.
Reflex Cool Gel Foam (Noir models)
An Eastman House Signature Mattress can feature bio-based Visco foam that incorporates a special gel that provides a more comfortable night’s sleep. Visco Memory Foam fully Infused with gel that allows the memory foam to be even more supportive and breathable.
100% Natural Talalay Latex
Made from the sap of the rubber tree, our 100% natural Talalay latex creates a buoyant layer of forgiving comfort and support. Latex is naturally open cell breathable, and resistant to mold mildew, bacterial growth and dustmites. Making for a cleaner healthier night's sleep. supplies luxurious support and even distribution of bodyweight.
Natural Cotton Upholstery Layer
Our organic cotton upholstery is grown without pesticides on eco-friendly farms. Cotton fibers are soft and supportive, breathable and cool to the touch. Our cotton fills provide a deep layer of deep-down comfort and support that is not possible with conventional polyurethane foam. Natural cotton is chemical and pesticide free, producing no outgassing or odors. Cotton acts as a natural insulator maintaining a comfortable temperature, while allowing airflow for a more comfortable sleep. Long-lasting and durable, cotton upholstery enhances the comfort of premium sleep systems.
Hand Inner-tufting – Holding the Mattress Together
Tufting is traditionally a finishing stitch that was first used in mattresses as early as 18th Century Europe. Currently tufting is rarely used in mattress manufacturing because of the time and labor required. We hand inner-tuft our mattress components. Hand tufting is a time-consuming process, as professional craftsmen individually pull together and compress mattress contents by hand. Hand inner-tufting components to the top and bottom prevents issues with shifting, lumping, or sagging over time and so greatly lengthens the mattress lifespan by better containing those contents.
Mattresses that have been inner-tufted by hand are generally superior to conventional mattresses because they are more durable and provide more support for the sleeper’s head, neck, shoulders, back, and spine.